Hot off the Press! I got an amazing video preview of this new app last Monday when I was in NYC at Hearst, and here it is! I’m getting the app this morning from Hearst and will let you know how it is! If you want to get yours, read below!
New York, NY (May 24, 2011) – Love the color of your throw pillows so much that you’ve been scouring paint stores looking for the exact color for your bedroom? Well, the search ends now with House Beautiful’s 500+ Favorite Paint Colors App for iPad, available now on the App Store. The app is the ideal resource for finding the perfect color. House Beautiful, the go-to color authority, has been helping readers master the subject with informative monthly features in the magazine, books and a bookazine, interactive events, and even a custom pull-out cover highlighting color. Now, the brand continues to evolve with its first utility app, sponsored by Blanco.
Tap to find your favorite colors in a variety of ways, search specific paint colors from brands including Benjamin Moore, Farrow & Ball, Glidden, Ralph Lauren Paint, Sherwin-Williams, and more. Not sure what colors suit a room? Rely on “Editors’ Picks” for a curated collection from the editors – or, click on the Color Personality tool to find the hue that fits you best. App users can save their favorites in “My Paint Box,” where up to four colors can be compared side-by-side. Paint colors can also be viewed in full screen – a digital version of a paint swatch so users can hold it up and see how it looks before committing to painting the entire wall.
“This app is an incredibly useful – and fun – tool for homeowners, decorators and their clients, and anyone looking to add a little color to their home,” said Newell Turner, editor-in-chief of House Beautiful. “Whether you’re searching for the perfect paint color to set off the artwork in your living room, or just looking for inspiration, our app takes a deep dive into one of our favorite topics – color.”
House Beautiful’s 500+ Favorite Paint Colors App has four key content areas with multiple levels of functionality that include:
- Color River: A scrolling “river” where users can browse 669 paint colors and sort by any combination of Colors (pink, purples, bright, warm, etc.); Spaces (kitchen, living room, north-facing room, etc.); or Moods (cozy, look younger, energizing, etc.). And, users can read what interior designers have to say about using the specific color.
- Editors’ Picks: Color collections of the best-of the-best recommendations from the editors of House Beautiful in 10 different hues.
- Color Personality Tool: Some numerologists are convinced that color can be a clue to your personality, basing their theories on the relationship between numbers, colors, and the alphabet. House Beautiful’s 500+ Favorite Paint Colors users simply type in their name, and their color personality is revealed. Once the color is determined, four paint color recommendations that match the user’s personality are provided.
- My Paint Box: While navigating through the app and discovering favorite colors, users can tap the “Add to My Paint Box” option to store the color swatch and paint name in their personal paint box. Users can also select up to four colors to conduct a side-by-side comparison.
- Social Media and Email Integration: House Beautiful’s 500+ Favorite Paint Colors integrates with Facebook, Twitter and email, allowing users to share content with their friends and family.
House Beautiful’s 500+ Favorite Paint Colors was conceived in-house by the same team that produces the monthly print magazine and designed and built by iCrossing, a digital marketing agency and a unit of House Beautiful’s parent company, Hearst Corporation.
Blanco, makers of award-winning stainless steel sinks and the SILGRANT II collection – the first line of sinks that blend inspired color and unparalleled durability –- is the sponsor of the app. Users are re-directed to in-app content that pairs different color countertops with color-coordinated Blanco sinks.
House Beautiful’s 500+ Favorite Paint Colors App is available for $4.99 from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore. Here’s a preview: