While watching TV last night I began to notice a lot of diamond commercials subtly hinting the holiday season as a perfect time to propose and when you think about it, it really is. The holidays mark the time when girlfriends wait for little blue ring boxes in their stockings and when men take to their knees on the middle of of the rink at Rockefeller Center. Come February 15th bachelor friends mourn the loss of yet another “wolf” to wedding fever and newly engaged women begin to peruse Klienfields and the bridal salons at Bergdorfts. Fittingly, the Fall 2010 Bridal Collections debuted last week, right in time for the upcoming holiday season. Here are some looks we just can’t get enough of:
A favorite fashion house among celebrities, Temperly of London debuted their Couture Wedding collection this week and the feminine designs mixed with antique lace and floral appliqués are beyond romantic. Either design could be worn in an intimate backyard wedding or a chic downtown fete.
$11,960 available at Temperley London
Merriam Webster should just got ahead and make Wang a synonym for Wedding. Below Vera Wang shows why she is the best with her champagne colored, wispy tulle gown with an oversized bow. She was probably inspired by Madision Avenue where you can find her Bridal Salon in NYC.
Below: Jenny Packham dress. Perfect for the bride who doesn’t want to shake her party girl image. Available at Bergdorf Goodman
Above Oscar de la Renta certainly gives us a different spin on “something blue” with this blue silk taffeta backless gown. $10,900 Available at Mark Ingram Bridal Atelier
A asymmetrical Rosette creation by Romano Keveza is a statement making gown and perfect for the bride who has used the phrase “this is my day!” once or twice or more throughout the planning process. $4,950 Available at Bridal Reflections
I would certainly lock away a little man to make me this outrageously stunning “Rumpelstiltskin” gown by Reem Acra. Price available upon request, contact Reem Acra
Carolina Herrera perpetuates her classic aesthetic with this tiered gown. It is as clean and crisp as the white shirts the designer is famous for sporting. Price available upon request, Carolina Herrera
Finding the location, caterer and, of course, dress is only half the fun; selecting items for your bridal registry is as close as many of us will come to a full blown shopping spree. At The Well Appointed House we make it easy to register and share your picks with guests. Remember it is important to select gifts to accommodate all budgets! Here are a few products that every well appointed home must have:
1. Cashmere Throw: Perfect for wrapping up newlyweds!
2. King and Queen Pillows: Because you will be King and Queen of your well appointed castle with all these items from your registry. (Or King and King, Queen and Queen)
3. Monogramed Frame: The perfect wedding gift; great to put a candid of your seaside wedding in or maybe even your engagement photo. Customize with your name or wedding date.
4. Luxurious Linens: One of our favorite children’s brands Serena and Lilly now has a grown up collection of linens called the Luxe Collection, perfect for the young couple starting out. Check out this Peridot bedding collection and your gift giver will receive free shipping. If you are feeling overwhelmed with commitment and can’t bring yourself to pick out your first bedroom set don’t fret: we have a great selection of sheets to induce sleep in our bed and bath collection.
5. Silverware That Sets You Apart: We love the Coco Stainless Flatware because it’s a mouthful of style so you can dine in good taste even if the food you are eating isn’t that delectable.
6. China You’ll Keep Forever: Fine china, like the pieces in our Beige Pastoral Toile Collection, is something you will want to pass down through the generations.
7. China You’ll Use Forever: This Monogrammed Ceramic Dot Plate is something you will use day in and day out.
8. A Tray That Entertains: This lucite tray is a favorite at The Well Appointed House because it puts the fun in functional. Customize with your own pattern and monogram.
9: Candlesticks: It may seem like an old fashioned necessity, but no home is complete without a good pair like these Nickel Plated holders.
10. Grill Set: Let’s face it, every man has some primitive need to be around fire, so while he is experimenting with all things grilled, make sure he has the proper tools to at least cook you a burger the way you like it. Our 20 piece stainless steel master grill set does just that.